Today’s Monday Listicle is all about the Thanks, so without further ado:
1. Thanks to the older lady at the beach who distracted my two year old out of her tantrum today.
2. Thanks to the asshole who decided he was to cool to stop at the pedestrian crossing thus prompting a valuable lesson on idiots.
3. Thanks to the Boy for insisting we bake a cake yesterday. The cake was yummy and we had fun.
4. Thanks to my Mother for allotting me space in her suitcase again so I can get some much coveted things from home. (Also to my friends who send me vitally important stuff like twizzlers and Fourth of July glo stick bracelets.)
5. Thanks Apple for designing a truly crappy magnetic cover for the ipad3 created purposely (it would seem) so I could drop it and cracked the screen.
6. Thanks to the Husband for not completely loosing his shit over number 5.
7. Thanks to the lovely lady from Senegal selling clothes on the beach (walking with a heavy backpack and arms full of dresses on hangers under the scorching July sun, while we all lie on the beach) for giving me a discount and promising to get me the dress I liked in another color, with a smile on her face and a thanks at the end.
8. Thanks to Nespresso for making a truly wonderful coffee maker, unlike the crappy Lavazza one we’ve been using at the beach.
9. Thanks to Mañana Mama for writing truly poetic posts.
10. Thanks to Stasha for giving me inspiration every Monday and ensuring at least one post gets on here a week.
Ouch sorry to hear about your Ipad. We had the craptastic cover for our Ipad, although luckily our screen never cracked.
Mine didn’t crack the first time, I should’ve changed the cover then…
Don’t give up on Apple, I called them after I dropped mine and they send me a new one. And itn your case it was kinda their fault anyway…
I am glad you are having all these wonderful things happening at the beach. Lovely list of little, happy moments.
Unfortunately customer service in Italy is not what it is in the US, but I’ll try… plus I heart Apple…
iPads and me have a love hate relationship – for all their good, there is just enough annoying to go with them.
ain’t that the truth!
I was in the grocery store the other day and a boy was willfully ignoring his mom, so I waited a minute and then pulled out my “teacher voice,” and I said, “Josh, what’s Mommy asking you to do?” He looked at me, not at all scared, but walked over to her. When I do such things, and it’s rare, I never know if the mom will cuss at me or thank me. This one did the latter. yay!
I’d always be thankful! A few months back I was flying back to Italy from Houston and my youngest was HYPER and didn’t want to sleep (the plane was dark, everyone else was trying to sleep) so she kept crying, and the guy behind me got up, walked over, looked straight at her with his index finger raised and shushed her loudly. She shut up instantly! He then patted me on the back (I think to let me know he wasn’t being an asshole, rather was trying to help) and sat back down. I was a little taken aback, but so, so thankful!
I don’t have an iPad, but I would hate it if the same thing happened to my iPod.
I hear ya!
love helpful ppl who don’t judge tantrums.
One of the best things in life is a little understanding from someone else when your kids are set and determined to make it seem like you raised them without manners or self control. 🙂
Sometimes, cakes taste the best when it’s a spur of the moment thing…either that, or I just really love cake. And, could you send that lady our way? We have lots of tantrums over here too 😉
Great list! Love it when someone decides we should make cake!
I’m trying to get a picture in my head of the Senegali woman on an Italian beach walking with all the dresses to sell. I do hope she is able to get you the one you so desire!
Three cheers for number 10. Great list. Ellen
Twizzlers are very important! I’ve had people mail me Adobo seasoning;)
I seem to always break super important things like my 2 month old camera… sigh… and yes thanks to my husband for not being mad about it
Great list! Too bad there wasn’t more of a shortage on those impromptu lessons on idiots. ;P