Stasha has been having car trouble lately, so cars are on the mind (though not in the garage, apparently), so the listicle this week is ten things about my car. I’m not much of a car person, as long as it’s reasonably comfortable, plays music and gets me where I want to get well that’s as far as my interest goes. On the other hand, I’ve always wanted the Husband to have a nice car, mostly because when I’m driving I have to get stuff done, when he’s driving I’m getting carted around, usually to dinner or on vacation or some other fun activity. My interest in cars is utilitarian at best, however, had she asked us to list ten things about our shoes… well, I would’ve had a hard time keeping it at only ten.
1. It’s grey. I hate grey, grey is boring. It’s practically the only color you can get a car straight off the lot here.
2. It’s a hybrid. With gas prices almost four times as high in Italy as in the US frankly it’s saving my wallet from a long, drawn out, and gory death. (Also, I hate listening to North Americans complain about gas prices. Seriously, four times as much!)
3. It’s not too big, it’s not too small…
4. I can actually park it in the land of no parking.
5. I still miss my lovely, fast, sassy, red mini cooper.
6. It’s got cameras for when I reverse, no risk of running over kids’ toys! (or kids)
7. I secretly want to get a minivan (or a Porsche)
8. I feel virtuous driving a hybrid.
9. The Husband just got a new car and the kids keep asking me when I’m going to change mine… not any time soon, since we just also bought a house.
10. Though it may not sound like it, I’m actually quite fond of my Prius and still happy I bought it.
Since I wrote this post a few days ago, I’ve actually come up with two more things about my car…
11. It’s the first car I’ve bought myself.
12. When my dad bought my cars, I drove nicer cars.