AH Monday, how I love thee so!
Ok, not really, but at least we have the Listicle to get the week started right! This week Stasha’s assignment is to list ten things we learned in 2012. If only my memory weren’t so shoddy… oh, wait… I have a blog! Every single thing of note (as well as the utterly mundane) has been recorded for posterity on the internet. Thank god! Otherwise I never would have realized that every month in the past year has brought some valuable (and, again, some not so valuable) lessons. Here they are, along with, if you’re interested and have an awful lot of free time on your hands today, links to the posts explaining them. (If you don’t have an awful lot of free time on your hands… (how shocking!) I totally understand.)
12 things I learned in 2012.
1. January – in January I learned that shooting guns is fun!
2. In February I learned that some people really do treat their pets as if they were kids and that disturbs me profoundly.
3. In March I learned that comments from readers are more valuable than I could ever have imagined.
4. In April I learned that men simply can’t pee within the confines of the toilet.
5. In May I learned that I don’t react well to the idea of anything permanent. Like buying a house. But then I got over it and now I have a house.
6. In June I learned that my kids can survive without me for a few days. I’m not sure whether this makes me happy or sad, but it certainly make me freer.
7. In July I learned that the very things I’d most like to change about myself are the things I can’t control.
8. In August I learned that people who work in Consulates are mean. And they hate me. Also, they’re mean.
9. In September I learned that everyone likes a good wedding picture (or even an entire series).
10. In October I learned that I absolutely, positively, don’t want to be pregnant (right now).
11. In November I learned that time doesn’t make loss any easier, it just makes it less painful.
12. And quite likely in December I will have yet again failed to learn that it’s not a good idea to go out on December 24th to get a few last minute gifts. But alas, we don’t always learn from past mistakes, do we?!
By the way… I got sucked back into the black hole for bloggers that is twitter, so please be nice and follow me. If only for my self-esteem… and yes, I will soon (soonish) set up the easy and practical sidebar button for just this here purpose, for now click on the link or search for thebonnybard or follow the smoke signals… please and thank you.