It’s been one of those weeks… We’re finally back to normal, I started going to the gym again, the Boy is taking off with his skiing lessons, the Girl is settling into her routine again, and the Husband is back at the office. He shouldn’t be, but he is…
And we are still so happy to be home. It’s crazy, I always get so depressed when I get back to Italy, I bitch and moan about how I wish I was back in the US, I hate on Italy for a few months and then I get back to normal, but I guess there’s nothing like spending your holidays in the hospital to make you appreciate your boring every day life, right?!
Today we took the kids to the mountains, we live at the foot of some of the most beautiful mountains in Italy, it takes us less than thirty minutes to get to some pretty awesome skiing locations, so before I get to the Listicle, I wanted to share some pictures from our day, because it’s important to remember how awesome our boring every day life is.
Anyway, here goes, and with pictures this time… I know, shock and awe!
My purse and ten things therein:
I have many purses (or handbags, as my British friends never tire of correcting me), I’m a shopaholic, in case you didn’t know, or I was (before kids). This isn’t one of my nicest bags, but it’s the one I turn to consistently over and over, no matter the season, it matches most of what I own, it’s the perfect size, and the butterflies make me happy, what more can one ask of a purse?!
1. a bag within a bag:
I love this little bag, it has all the crap that for some inexplicable reason I have to constantly switch from bag to bag because I simply CANNOT leave the house without it, but that I never use, like a needle and thread, and band aids, and mints (that have been in there for at least a year).
2. a wallet
I bought this wallet in 1993 and though I have, occasionally, cheated on it, it has been a long and enduring love affair.
3. a phone – although, truth be told, the phone is generally in my hand, in fact… it’s in my hand right now, taking pictures of my purse. Eight cameras in this house, I swear to god, and countless thousands of dollars spent on photographic equipment, gigantic lenses and whatnot, and we always just end up taking pictures with our iphones.
4. A fantastic colored lip balm and hand cream by living libations (check them out, it’s worth it!)
5. gum (for me) and candy (for emergency child management situations)
6. another bag within a bag
7. a little chocolate from the Husband, waiting to be eaten on a really bad day.
9. Kleenex, a happy, colorful pen, and a hair thingy.
10. a Ziploc bag with the children’s old binky’s, hanging on to my everyday for dear life for some reason, hiding away in the deepest recesses of my purse…
so there you have it, some of the crap in my purse, I spared you the dirty tissues, the old receipts, the gum wrappers, the crushed crackers and other varied and sundry trash being lugged around with me daily. You’re welcome.