Hi all and Happy Monday!
This week our assignment for Stasha’s Listicles is 10 tiny (or secret) things that bring you joy, courtesy of Wendy (Stamping Rules). But before I dive into that I need to take a tangent (which surprises no one, I’m sure!).
This weekend The Husband took the kids with him to Milan to see his parents, it was the first weekend that I’ve ever spent apart from the kids, at home (I’ve left them twice already, but it was always me leaving them). And all I can say is that it was wonderful. Of course I missed them, and I was pretty nervous at home alone at night, but the freedom, the complete lack of responsibility, the incredible feeling of making decisions based exclusively on what I want to do… it took me back to a different time.
I’m pretty sure someone somewhere is going to want to comment something along the lines of how can you possibly be happy away from your children, they are a mother’s greatest joy, obviously there’s something wrong with you… but I know that most of you understand… and some of you are maybe a little jealous…
And honestly, when I think that apart from a half weekend last year and five days away last summer (because my grandma was ill so I had to go) I have never spent a night away from them in five years (because I wasn’t ready to), I can let go of the guilt of having enjoyed a weekend away from them.
The house was so quiet and so neat, I ate whenever (and most importantly, whatever) I wanted, I woke up when I wanted, I went to sleep when I wanted, I watched tv in the middle of the day and until late at night with the volume up… I went out at the drop of a hat and it took me no more than fifteen seconds to get out the door! It was pure bliss. And I was also so happy to have them back, distance, it really does make the heart grow fonder…
Anyway…. Back to the listcle, 10 things that make me happy
1. little hands on my cheeks
2. little bodies in my bed in the morning before school
3. when the Husband does the nightly rounds and puts the alarm on, unprompted, so we’re all safe.
4. when he fills up my tank just because he noticed it was running a little low.
5. when the air is so crisp and clear that I can see the mountains perfectly outlined against the blue, blue sky.
6. when the neighbor’s cat is waiting for me outside in the morning just to say meow.
8. hugs and kisses of a brother and a sister who miss each other when they don’t see one another for an hour.
9. when we all get in the car and roll call to make sure everyone in the family is there, including stuffed animals and iphones.
10. snow days, when we can’t go anywhere cause the roads are too terrible, so we have to sit inside, snug as bugs.
And on this wonderfully positive note, hope you have a fabulous week!