I’ve written this before, Spring is a schizophrenic season, it can be gloriously warm, insects a-buzzing, flowers a-blooming, allergies abounding, and from one minute to the next the clouds roll in, the rain starts pouring, and all is dreary and bleak. I’m more of a Fall kind of girl, with the Fall I know where I’ve been and I know where I’m headed, in the Spring I get all confused.
So Stasha’s Listicle selection for this week inspired mixed feelings and mixed results, I’m not really sure where I’m at, so I’m giving her 10 things spring a slight spin:
10 things Spring, an ode to opposites.
1. Sunshine vs. Rain
2. Blooming Flowers vs. Allergy Attack
3. Longer Days vs. Stupid time change
4. Pre-Summer diet vs. Hoards of Easter Chocolate
5. Frilly dresses vs. Winter White Legs
6. Easter vs. Kids home from school (not sure which one is good and which is bad…)
7. Bicycling on Balmy Days vs. Fruitflies Flying up my nose whilst cycling in the sun.
8. Starting my Vegetable Garden! vs. Tending to my Vegetable Garden
9. Going out in just clothes vs. Going out in clothes plus a down jacket, hat, scarf, gloves (mismatched cause one is always lost), or just directly in a ski suit cause it’s that cold out, and once you’ve spent half an hour sweating while getting everyone dressed, one of the kids has to pee.
10. Playing Outside for Hours vs. ….
there is absolutely no vs. for this one!
Have a Happy Monday!
(p.s. just to prove how insane the weather is this morning at 8 it was 2°C (37.4°F) and rainy/snow slushing, at noon it got a bit warmer and started hailing, it is now 3pm and the sun is shining and it’s about 18°C (64°F). Now, I ask you, in these conditions, what is a girl to wear??)
I remember how crazy Spring could be growing up and the years we actually had to find our Easter eggs in the snow. It’s been crazy like that this year too. Not that I would know – but I have seen and heard!!! 🙂
Our snow finally melted, but it’s been rainy so we’re doing the egg hunt indoors… sigh!
Jealous – it was snowing here today, although it just turned to rain which is even yuckier.
I know! I had that slushy crap! I’m basically ignoring spring right now and channeling summer!
Definitely pros and cons to Spring & I like how you did this list!
Thanks! I have mostly cons for winter so this is a definite improvement!!
Love your #10. No matter the weather! I hear you on the fruitflies. why oh why?
Holy camoly….that is some temperature change!!! Love your list…the winter white legs made me chuckle.