I’m back! Back home, after a nightmare vacation, and back to the listicles, yay!
This week Stasha asked us to list 10 things in our closet. I haven’t got my act together enough to actually have pictures, but I’m betting no one really expected me to. Plus, I’m still unpacking so my closet is a complete nightmare right this minute. Also, I’m still jet-lagged and my kids have been up from 2am to 4am every night since we arrived from Houston. It’s a miracle they’re still alive, in fact.
So here goes, ten things in my closet:
1. four pairs of identical slippers, in different colors. My favorite slippers have become hard to find, for once in my life I managed to plan ahead and bought all the ones I could find. Clearly, slippers are important to me.
2. 23 pairs of jeans. Only 4 actually fit me.
3. 53 t-shirts. I’m not kidding. 53 actual t-shirt, this does not include long-sleeved t-shirts, tank tops, or other types of short-sleeved top. I may have some sort of undocumented t-shirt addiction.
4. 7 coats, a very long grey one, a black one, a purple one, a navy blue one, a lovely red one, a snowy white one, and a Jacqueline Kennedy-esque pink and white one. It’s cold where I live, which is why I hardly ever wear coats, I wear big, bulky, Michelin man, down jackets. And yet I have 7 coats.
5. Three drawers full of socks.
6. One drawer full of clothes I’ll never fit into again, but can’t bear to part with.
7. 12 evening gowns. From before I had children.
8. A gym bag, which is finally seeing some action this year, and my yoga kit.
9. Presents for the kids’ and husband’s future birthdays. The most obvious place, hence the only place no one ever looks. I’m a genius.
10. And a partridge in a pear tree. (not really – just lots, and lots, more clothes and bags)
My shoes, which I haven’t mentioned as you may have noticed, reside elsewhere. And probably deserve a post of their own.
I’m so happy to be back to the listicles and my very normal, mundane life!
I had to read the last month of your posts to find out why you were jet-lagged and the nightmare of your trip. Glad you’re back home! Reminds me that mundane can be good! I like what you did with the slippers. I do that with the fanny packs. 53 t-shirts! I thought I had a lot!
Fanny packs are important too. Thanks for taking the time to read my previous posts!
I’m so glad you guys made it home! 12 evening gowns? You sound like an Army wife. 🙂
I absolutely could not be an army wife, I’m way too wimpy!
Welcome back home!! Great to hear you got back and all is well. I probably have more pairs of jeans then you but fit in only 2. Before I got hitched I had nothing but white tshirts, jeans and going out dresses. Honestly!
I so get you! Except my t-shirts were multi-colored.
Hee hee…so you feel me on the jeans thing,huh? And I love that you have pre-baby evening gowns…I have few of those myself. Where are they? Sorry you had a nightmare trip, and glad you are back home. Like Kate, I need to go back and recap. Way to go on stocking up on your favorite slippers. When you love something, why mess around?
What is it with jeans? I’m happy to know I’m not alone in this insanity!
What is it with jeans? I finally broke down and parted with most of mine a few weeks ago but I was the same way. I have such a love/hate relationship with denim!
I admire the fact that you actually managed to part with them!
I can’t part with my clothes that don’t fit either… Some day! Or not!
I say NOT!!
I’m with you. When I find something I love, like your slippers, I’ll get them in several colors. YOU NEVER KNOW when you won’t be able to find them again!! I, too, have tons of jeans but only a few that actually fit.
and all this stuff, using up valuable closet real-estate… why do we do this to ourselves, I wonder?!?!
Sounds a lot like my closet! I also buy multiples of things I like, because it’s so hard to find something similar later.
I agree wholeheartedly! If I find something I love I get it in different colors, in fact, most of the 53 t-shirts are actually the same t in every color I could find!
I’m so glad I’m not the only one with multiple pairs of jeans but only wear a select few. There are skinny feeling jeans days, normal feeling jeans days and fat feeling jean days and then the whole “actually fit properly and are comfortable” jeans category.
Also? Wanna suggest a good slipper to a duck? My feet are ALWAYS cold!
I have multiple slipper categories… mainly divided by night and day (night slippers have to be completely stealthy, so no squeaking, tapping, or any noise of any kind), then winter, summer – my current day winter favorite slippers are ugg slippers, a little pricey but warm, furry, and comfortable… I could write an entire dissertation on slippers. And yes, I realize how mind numbingly boring that would be!
Gosh–where did you wear all your evening gowns? I’m so sorry your vacation was so awful–is your husband better?
Work, fancy weddings, family stuff… the glamorous life pre kids!
I am so glad to hear about your jeans. I was freaking out last week because I couldn’t find my jeans. My husband tried to “help” by pointing out all of the jeans hanging in my closet. I wailed, “I’m talking about the ones that fit. Those hanging in the closet are not to be spoken about.” I try not to let my current jeans mingle with my skinny jeans, so, you know, they don’t get an inferiority complex. 😉 Ellen
Finally, someone who understands how important it is to protect our jeans’ feelings!
So glad you’re back home after your trip! Why is it so hard to part with old jeans?